Possible sick tang

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I bought a powder brown tang from catfish charlies saturday after the meeting. Was fine saturday and all day sunday. Got home tonight and wasnt eating or swimming like day before. Kinda swimming in place but not all over like before. All other fish are ok looking healthy. All corals are open. I will get parameters in a few min. On saturday was .25 ammonia (fresh water change chloramines) trates and trites 0 ph 8.4 ish (api kit) running bag of carbon in sump as well.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Maybe ich? Just stress? Before I get crap no did not qt fish. Yes I know I should always. Excited for new fish jumped gun. Had a nem I put in qt tank so another reason tang isn't in there

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Probably stressed. Watch it closely for the white bumps.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
One word in front of tang that sucks is POWDeR briwn or blue they are the worst of all tangs in my experience good luck

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
What size are ich spots? There are teeny tiny small spots covering whole body. You can see some in the picture on the upper fin and top of face. Look very uniform from what i have researched on ich they are slightly larger and not uniform. I can try to take a beter pic and or video if it will help. I bought prime the other day. Will test and if needed apply

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
if you can pull and QT him i would... he wont survive otherwise IME. powders are very tough fish to keep, very easy to stress out.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gorgeous fish otherwise. I have 4 other fish too need qt as well? Let dt stand?

6line wrasse 2 clowns and lawnmower goby

reefmaster719

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bad experience with Brown's and blues... Sweet fish tho. Just prone to ich in captivity :( GL and hope he's fights thru it. I use garlic guard and feed algae sheets with all my old tangs. Make sure you feed him greens.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Don't understand how in less than 24 hrs can go from swimming happily to not swimming to dead. Was quick. I'm unexperienced in ich didn't know what to look for may have had it for a while.

What are my next steps for the tank? Blows I lost a fish but I don't want to loose all. I also have corals in there. Most all small and can be removed. Have a nem in my qt tank too. Green bubble tip. Offered to drew first but I need the tank so if drew says no free to good home.

Mav

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nothing else looks sick. Ill keep an eye on everything closely. Sucks I work 12 hr days. Was excited to see my new fish tonight too. Was my birthday present to myself.