Probs with overflow on new tank

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
We have set up a 75 gal. Kip used 2 pumps in sump - a 475 and a 740. The overflow box he got has 2 acrylic "u tubes" and he can keep the suction in one but the other continues to get a bubble and then decreases til it is pulling just a fraction of the water. We have put the Coralife wavemakers in this tank and I don't know if that is a problem. They can be set several different ways and we have played with that but no impact on the suction of the second tube.

Any input would be appreciated. Jody

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You only really need one tube for that amount of flow. They tend to get finiky below 400-500 gph and build up air bubbles. Those pumps after head loss are likely putting out around 600 gph which is likely the problem. My advice is to either stick with just one tube or increase the pump size to 1800+ before head loss.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;329480 said:
You only really need one tube for that amount of flow. They tend to get finiky below 400-500 gph and build up air bubbles. Those pumps after head loss are likely putting out around 600 gph which is likely the problem. My advice is to either stick with just one tube or increase the pump size to 1800+ before head loss.
+1