Profilux controller help

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I have a Profilux controller on loan to help monitor the tank parameters over winter break and I have it set up but cannot figure out how to get it to send me updates, alerts, or connect to the app. Anyone have experience with setting these up? Otherwise I'm borrowing a really expensive paper weight. I tried to get on GHL's forum but am waiting to be able to post still. I can't find the devices IP address for the app. I can't update the firmware. I can't get it to email me alerts or the parameters.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have never used a profilux, but there is probably an option to view the ip address from the display screen. If not, you could always find it by looking at the connected devices screen in your router with it off and then turning it on and finding the ip address that wasnt listed when it was off. You can also plug it into your computers ethernet port with wifi disabled and type ipconfig/all into command prompt to find it.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I'll have to try the last option since its networked at school I couldn't find it when I looked at the network. It doesn't show up anywhere on the display or when it's connected to my computer through the network.