Quest Library 180 gallon Gorgonian/Caribbean Biotope Build

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Dr.HarlemTutu;359291 said:
Soon! I'll see if any of our local vendors can hook me up with some big Gorgs, but I want to wait and see what I get from Divertom.com.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's between him and the federales, but I can't recommend it. They don't mind ya taking back dead fish for eatin', but they get real upset when ya take anything back to keep it alive and protected. Makes no sense.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think it's because they understand fishing. It's a regular thing down here. Errybody does it.
But it's not legal to keep a saltwater fish tank. I think that's because they don't want non-native species getting released into the Sea of Cortez (like the lion fish issue in other parts). But because that's not a normal thing, they don't know what to do with the whole idea that you'd want to take a couple of things back north to keep alive in a tank.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
The tank is getting stocked. Once the algae is taken care of and I can find some sizable gorgonians we will be fulling running. Here is the list of what we have so far:
Fish
3 Royal Grammas
4 Neon gobies
3 Blue Reef Chromis
1 Pygmy Angel
1 Atlantic Blue Tang
1 Swissguard Basslet

Inverts
6 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Sea Hare
1 Golden Coral Banded Shrimp
5 Astrea Snails
12 Chitons
25 Scarlet Legged Hermits
1 Arrow Crab
1 Serpent Star

I still want:
1 Atlantic Surgeon Fish
9 or so Blue Reef Chromis

There might be a few others but I really want to get 1 fish that is the showcase of the tank. Let me know if you have any thoughts on this. Keep in mind all I am going to have are gorgonians and some other Caribbean corals.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Got in a bunch of gorgonians yesterday from Divertom.com. I still had a credit from all of the fish that didn't make it. Most seemed in good condition. I'll take pics on Monday.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;361580 said:
Got in a bunch of gorgonians yesterday from Divertom.com. I still had a credit from all of the fish that didn't make it. Most seemed in good condition. I'll take pics on Monday.
They are the best place for large gorgonians