Recommendations for a good Subaru mechanic

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I’ve not been happy with the dealership service center and am looking for a recommendation for a good Subaru mechanic in the Westminster/Broomfield or Denver Highlands area.

Please let me know if you have a good recommendation or anyone to stay away from.
Thanks

Highway66

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Are you looking for general maintenance stuff or high performance? I know a few friends with some fast ones, i could ask them.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Import motors in Arvada does awesome work. They arent cheap ($90 an hour and NAPA or dealer parts only), but they are efficient and don't try to swindle you into fixes you dont need like some mechanics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Highway66;343340 said:
Are you looking for general maintenance stuff or high performance? I know a few friends with some fast ones, i could ask them.
Just genral maintenance the the dealership is *********** me off and I don't trust them.

FinsUp!;343342 said:
have you talked to Ken (highplainsreefer)?
i have not does he work on Subarus?

zombie;343347 said:
Import motors in Arvada does awesome work. They arent cheap ($90 an hour and NAPA or dealer parts only), but they are efficient and don't try to swindle you into fixes you dont need like some mechanics.
Thanks for the recommendation.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm not sure what all he works on. I'd message him and find out if he knows Subarus. He's completely honest and fair, so he won't BS you or take advantage. And if he can't do it, I'm willing to bet that he knows enough about the shops in the area that he could give you a solid recommendation.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Which dealership service you use? I use shotrline on havana and I have never had a problem with them.

I work at Christopher's Dodge in Golden, Service Director actually. I have heard good things about Auto Nation Subaru out here in Golden but I have never used them myself. I refer people I know there and they have been treated good.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Newreefer;343741 said:
I work at Christopher's Dodge in Golden, Service Director actually. I have heard good things about Auto Nation Subaru out here in Golden but I have never used them myself. I refer people I know there and they have been treated good.
I dont like them. They want $150 for a fricking oil change / inspection and they wanted $500 to fix a chip in my paint.

zombie;343742 said:
I dont like them. They want $150 for a fricking oil change / inspection and they wanted $500 to fix a chip in my paint.
Sorry to hear that. You can touch up a paint chip with a small bottle of touch up for about $12.00 or you can paint the entire panel and re-clear coat it for much more. I am amazed everyday at the cost of oil. For example the synthetic oil in the rear differential is $33.50 per quart. The new Victoria Secret perfume is $110.00 per once. These service intervals are getting further apart and more expensive but if you average it out cost per mile it's actually less. There are lots of choices but be cautious of cheap oil changes, that universal oil may cause more damage than the amount you save today.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just do oil changes myself and save the receipt. $60 for high quality 0W-30 and a filter and 30 minutes of my time. Best $200 per hour Ive ever made.

Discount will do tire balancing and rotations for free.

Between those two, I only have to go to the dealer twice during my entire 60k warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Download a service manual and figure it out. I do all of the work on all of our cars... even the UBM (ultimate breakdown machine) that we just got. With all of the stuff that you have figured out, you can do it.

Redline or AMSOil full ester gear oil is about $12 a quart. You cannot get better, but it might need a small bottle of friction modifier which you don't have to use if you don't want. I have a fluid pump if you want to borrow it and do the rear diff yourself... you don't even have to take the cover off... just pump it out and replace the ounces that you took out.

cremer9

Butterfly Fish
mobile mechanics is the best place to take your subie he is hard to get an appointment because he does great work and has a great customer base,he's out in golden..