Return pump for 24"x24"x13" frag tank.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Never had to deal with a sump and return pump I'm an all in one kinda guy up until now. I was wondering what return pump you guys recommend for this tank. I plan on building a stand about 40" tall. Help a brother out here, if you have one available that you wanna sell or trade please let me know as well. Thanks

bruby

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't have a stand but I do have a brand new 8-bulb T5 fixture that would fit perfectly if you are interested.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Internal or external? I'd get a pump that can do around 1000 gph and then valve it down, but you can also run a reactor or 2 off the same pump so you don't have multiple pumps going

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Blazinjack;312286 said:
Internal or external? I'd get a pump that can do around 1000 gph and then valve it down, but you can also run a reactor or 2 off the same pump so you don't have multiple pumps going
Is like to do an internal pump.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mag 12 would be good. The last one I had on the 40/40 system was an eco(something) 1260. I ran from the sump to the main, and ran 2 brs reactors off that pump for over a year without an issue. I don't even recall ever cleaning it! I know they used to sell that pump at elite, but I haven't looked for it.

bruby

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
J.guokas;312281 said:
What brand and how much?
It is an Aquaticlife 8 bulb fixture with built in timers. 24x20 inches with legs and a hanging kit. I replaced 2 of the bulbs with UV super blue. I used the light about 2 weeks then someone gave me a AI Sol. Altogether I spent about 275 and I would take 150. I also have a Mag 12 I would sell for 40 or trade for a zoa frag that I don't have.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have Rio 1100's and 2100's if your interested :) I have a rio 2100 currently running my 70g dd but that is running a suction overflow (Loud). Gravity fed you would probably want a rio 1100. And if the 70g dd is the one I have for sale we can drill more overflow holes if you would like :)

Benjamin

Cleaner Shrimp
I am not sure if you need a pump still but if you go to the local grow stores they sell the same Quality pumps for way less and do not use the stainless rod for the shaft I have ran one for a year with no issue and love it.