RKL w/ SL1 - Temp Error

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
So I have recently discovered with the help of DeadRock that if you are using an I-temp probe with an SL1 in-line but you are not also using the additional molex connected temp probe for the SL1, you will receive an error on your head unit saying "temp error". Disregard this error as it is only telling you that you are not using or dont have installed the SL1 molex connected temp probe. The error however can not be cleared with out purchasing and installing the temp probe w/ the molex connection not RJ-11(telephone style plug).

So you are saying that if you install an SL-1 that your original phone connection style temp probe won't work with the RKL head unit anymore? Sounds like a racket! If this is the case, then you would think that DA would include the new temp probe with the SL-1.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Kalani Corals;215976 said:
So you are saying that if you install an SL-1 that your original phone connection style temp probe won't work with the RKL head unit anymore? Sounds like a racket! If this is the case, then you would think that DA would include the new temp probe with the SL-1.
No Josh if you are using the RKL head unit, you can still use the I-temp probe and it will work properly just as if there wasnt a SL1 in-line. What I am saying is if you use the SL1 and just the I-temp probe on a RKL you will get a temp error. However the I-Temp probe will work properly and be accurate. The error is simply because the head unit senses the SL1 but not the SL1 molex connected temp probe. You would just have to scroll through your main screen until you get I-temp reading.

I believe the error is a result of the SL1 being able to be used on the RKL and the RKE. However the RKE does not use the I-temp probe just the molex connector one.

Hope this helps and clarifies.

Interesting. I just picked up an SL-1 and am going to install it on my RKL. We'll see if I have any issues. Thanks for the update.