RO/DI refill cartridges

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a Spectrapure RO/DI unit, I've purchased their resins in the past to refill my own cartridges.

Should I continue to goto Spectrapure for resin supplies? Or is there a better/more cost effective option?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Dont know how the different brands compare, but I use BRS color changing resins in mine. It last quite a while and turns from blue to brown once its expended.

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;336497 said:
Dont know how the different brands compare, but I use BRS color changing resins in mine. It last quite a while and turns from blue to brown once its expended.

Do you layer it, or fill your container with one product? The Spectrapure is two medias in one container, 6" of one, then filled to the top with the other...

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
one Product, just pack it in super tight

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
How many stages is your system?

Mine is 4, with the first two being paper type filters, my last two are filled with media 1: Silica Buster 2: DI

Doesn't look like BRS sells a silica buster equivalent.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
That i believe is a 5 stage RO you have, I have a 4 stage though. I think at least with BRS for the 5 and 6 stage rodi they use different levels of carbon blocks instead. Although I think you could try 2 of their resins instead of carbon blocks

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I would be curious to hear your comparison