Seaside CS5.5 skimmer

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I just got the skimmer (it's a Bubble Magnus Curve 5 with a Sicce pump). Took less than 1/2 hour to wash it and put it in my sump and it started producing foam immediately. I'm impressed with the quality of the skimmer and the quietness of the pump (can't hear it at all). I'd say it's worth the $249 it cost me. I'll let it run for a day before playing with the adjustment it but for now i am already seeing some of the wet skimmate that I wanted.
The new skimmer is replacing a 14 year old Red Sea Berlin Skimmer that did a really great job but, BUT BUT BUT, it had to be constantly tweaked to keep it skimming. I guess I got my money's worth out of it.
The Seaside skimmer is in my 29 gallon sump under my 55 gallon reef tank. I needed something with a small footprint (7"x7") and that would run in 10-11" of water. And that would fit under the 55G with room to get the cup off. View attachment 17648

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
From affordableaquaticsupplies.com I wanted and was looking for the new Aquamaxx CO-1 version of of the J&R but that is not available anywhere that I could find and I needed it now not in 6 months (maybe). They offered me 10% off of any other skimmer. It was actually $246.95 with shipping

Vance

Angel Fish
Tagging along to hear your feelings on this skimmer. In the same boat of waiting for the co-1 or pulling the trigger on this one.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

gajake

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
So far I'm pleased. Overnight - second day - lot's of watery skim with some "chunks" in it.[attachment=66129:name]