Should I even try? (Adding second Banded Goby toghether?)

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Out of the fishies I have I actually like my sleeper banded/Dragon goby the most. I have room for 1 medium or maybe a couple smaller fish and would like a second. But from my reading same species gobies fight? I have no idea on sexing, but I was interested in the second one Little Fish has for sale. I think they are about the same size, my existing maybe a tid smaller.

55g tank, would this be an idea with reasonable success rate (maybe pair up if sexing is lucky) or not worth even trying/thinking?

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
My vote would be yes - as long as you're ready to catch/pull if it doesn't work. If you're not ready to, then I would change my vote to no.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a lawnmower blenny kill a starry blenny just saying. Just be very carefull that were fine then I come home and the starry was dead, they were the same size

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes I've put in / pulled out more fish than I can count in my current FOWLR build...as one LFS guy knows 'round here who is both making a sh-t ton on me for credits and at the same time wants to kill me for all the returns...many times for fish that compatibility is supposedly near bullet proof possible. So if you're putting 2 fish together that in theory would kill each other on sight in a small territory, it may work, but have plan b ready before you try!