Showfish suggestions

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tank is only a few months old. I would wait longer for my tank to establish more if I were to go the Moorish Idol route. If established means stable I think I am there. Sure there are things that I can't test for but my parameters have been spot on for 3 or so months now. I dropped a ton of dough into this system for stability reasons. I have ATO which maintains salinity, continuous water change system which changes the water at 1.5gpd, carbon & gfo changed monthly, CA reactor with ARM and mag media keeps my alk, ca and mag stable.

These params have been the same for a while now:
SG 1.025/PH 8.15avg/Temp 79avg/Ammonia-Nitrite 0/NO3-PO4 Undetectable/KH 9/CA 450/MG 1350/

jonthefb

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lineatus, laboutei, mystery, masuda hog, leopard wrasses, or any combo of the group. I am a wrasse guy all the way. I have a mystery, melanurus, masuda hog, and a leopard in my frag tank and they are mesmerizing to watch.

MattL

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Moorish Idol! Dude go for it, they are my favorite for sure. As i was reading your thread i was going to recommend it. They are the only fish that looks as cool in nature as they do in a tank. If i had the room it would be my goal to keep one. Go for it.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Time for a thread necromancy!!!! So I had to take out my show fish last night (Moorish Idol) because he felt my reef was a buffet. So now I need to fill his spot with another show fish. I need suggestions!!! I need a fish with presence, something that will stand out. Not looking for a tiny fish nor am I looking for any Wrasses. Suggestions welcome!

I do like the Desjardi Sailfin Tangs or a Blonde Naso but they just get so big :( I also like the Achilles but from what I understand it might have some territorial issues in a 125.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I hear that ORA has black and white snowflake clowns available now but they probably wouldn't get along with your existing clowns.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zooid;155069 said:
I hear that ORA has black and white snowflake clowns available now but they probably wouldn't get along with your existing clowns.
Thats not a half bad idea. I will probably get rid of my stupid clowns. They swim in every coral in my tank except for the BTA which is right in front of their home!!

Zooid;155068 said:
You know what I'd love to see in someone's reef.....

A leafy sea dragon :D
That would be awesome. If they weren't illegal to collect....

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;155138 said:
What about breeding a pair of orange spot filefish?
Talk to me goose! I do like the orange spot filefish and see them sold as pairs on Divers Den from time to time. Arent they coralvores? How will they do with flow? I had a matted filefish and it seemed to do ok but did get blown around a bit. Tell me what you know Jamie :)

I think there is a primer on them on RC. Might head over and go read that....

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Lol, I know very little about them. Eat coral, I think so. Figured you'd want to be the second to breed them, afterall we do have the two who bred them on the forums, Matt Pederson and Andy. Think they would help? I'm sure the MBI site has the detailed journal.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I found this cool guy on aquasd.com
Wartskin Angler $95

This is the pic from their post on reef2reef

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Pretty sure the Angler would eat most of his other fish. At least the small ones.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk