Sick tang help

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is he scratching, breathing heavy, erratic behavior, losing slime coat? I only see spots in middle of bottom fins. What has changed? Water quality, new fish, etc. Anything on other fish.

If you don't know exactly what it is, I would watch him for awhile to see if anything develops. Could even just be a run-in with the CUC, bump something, etc if just on that fin.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sick tang help

My butterfly had what that looks like and djkms knew exactly what it was he just had me add garlic to their diet and feed well and it went away in about a week wish I could remember the name.

Justin144

Butterfly Fish
daverf;221132 said:
Is he scratching, breathing heavy, erratic behavior, losing slime coat? I only see spots in middle of bottom fins. What has changed? Water quality, new fish, etc. Anything on other fish.

If you don't know exactly what it is, I would watch him for awhile to see if anything develops. Could even just be a run-in with the CUC, bump something, etc if just on that fin.
He acts completly normal and eats like a champ, water quality is normal and has stayed the same. I did just add a new goby but i added him after i saw the dots on the tang.
Im Thinking its a bump(I hope) i just added a bunch of new LR and maybe he was just exploring.

Justin144

Butterfly Fish
303travism;221137 said:
My butterfly had what that looks like and djkms knew exactly what it was he just had me add garlic to their diet and feed well and it went away in about a week wish I could remember the name.
I supplement there food with Garlic Gaurd. Is that it?

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sick tang help

That's all I did and fed a little more often till it went away.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sick tang help

Same thing happen with mine it just showed up out of the blue I thought it was ich also but the best way to tell if its ich look at the gills it attacks there first.