Smiddy's Reef 360 Peninsula

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I have my waste line plumbed into my front yards drip system to do basically this.
Although, RO tubing, aka pex, does not hold up to UV light very well, and will eventually breakdown and start leaking if exposed to sun on a regular basis. Long term you will want to bury it or plumb it into some black tubing that can handle uv better

Colored Sticks

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have my waste line plumbed into my front yards drip system to do basically this.
Although, RO tubing, aka pex, does not hold up to UV light very well, and will eventually breakdown and start leaking if exposed to sun on a regular basis. Long term you will want to bury it or plumb it into some black tubing that can handle uv better
I do need a longer term solution for this. Currently I manually run this out every time I run the RO unit which is about twice a month, so not a current issue. I will definitely order some black tubing and I really like the idea of using it as a drip system. What do you do with it during the winter time so it doesn't clog and freeze? three way valve in the house somewhere?

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I do need a longer term solution for this. Currently I manually run this out every time I run the RO unit which is about twice a month, so not a current issue. I will definitely order some black tubing and I really like the idea of using it as a drip system. What do you do with it during the winter time so it doesn't clog and freeze? three way valve in the house somewhere?
Ya, I just have a couple valves to change the output into the wash sink when I cant run it outside.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ya, I just have a couple valves to change the output into the wash sink when I cant run it outside.
Where’s a good place for this type of fittings? Do they carry them at Home Depot?

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado

Colored Sticks

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I might as well add this to the to do list. I might figure out a more permanent plumbing solution that isn't through the middle of the rooms. I will need to run it through the walls or ceiling.

Colored Sticks

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Where’s a good place for this type of fittings? Do they carry them at Home Depot?

Sent from my iPhone using MASC - Marine Aquarium Society of Colorado
They do carry standard quick connect john guest fittings, but anything "fancy" you will need to look elsewhere. Plumbing supply houses and of course the internet.

Colored Sticks

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I forgot to add before the SPS journey begins... I had to add something that required freedom to choose a adequate living space. Green Gigantea anemone. I have had him for almost a month. He has already made it through his power head incident stage. ( I swear happens almost every time) He is almost 100% healed up. No SPS will go on his island for atleast 4 months to ensure he is staying relatively put.
Arrival date: July 28th
View attachment 17431
Initial week:
View attachment 17432
End of first week: Power head incident
View attachment 17433
Healing week 1:
View attachment 17434
Healing week 2:
View attachment 17435
Week 3:
Looks even better, just no photo.

Colored Sticks

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well my captials are now out of the playoffs more time to tinker.

I have one Orphex bar here and another due Monday. I am trying to come up with a way to hang these lights next to the radions, but also utilize their bracket which allows you to angle the lights. The led strip will go on both sides of the radions with MAYBE another down the middle.
View attachment 17436
So this is what my first concept looks like:
View attachment 17438
View attachment 17439
I used PVC board to handle the saltwater air and as a strong base to mount the brackets and angle the lights.
The PVC board will then be hung in the canopy with something likes these. I wanted them to be adjustable in height.
View attachment 17440
View attachment 17441
Anyone got any other ideas based off of radion set up?