So I'm sort of a new guy...

Its been a while since I posted; I was much more involved when the forum was on reefcentral.com. Sometimes that happens as house construction, dogs and kids get in the way of things. I still have my salt water fish tank, one that I have had for many years now, a 90 gallon wave front.

This morning on the way to work I noticed that there was water pooling on the floor... I knew it was bad and sure enough it was leaking from the tank....

I let work know I would not be coming in and started caulking the tank as a temporary fix. My wife went and purchased a 100 gallon tub at the local feed supply store and when she got back I started getting my corals out. several of the corals broke, which is no big deal, but I have plenty of frags to give away, feel free to donate something if you want, no obligation. The frags are mainly montipora capricornus, orange, green/brown and purple with blue polyps. I also have some zooanthids and some frogspawn (green).

I left one large piece of agrocrete rock in the tank since I have not moved my fish out yet (I have a 15 year old clownfish) and since the leaking stopped as I drained most of the water out of the tank. I want to sell this rock for something reasonable. it took me some time to make it and I cured it for 30 days, etc. it has 3 pillars with a mesa on top - the fish can hang out underneath with shrimp, etc. 20$ takes it. In the photos it is the rock on the left, my yellow tang is under it.

I live in boulder 80303 and you can contact me through email: seabass.mtb@gmail.com

I would like to have to all the rocks and such moved tonight since I need to start tearing down the fish tank - it was built as a room divider.... which makes this a bigger bummer....

let me know if you are interested. bring your own bags / rubber maids / buckets if you come, I don't have any.

Thank you!
Miguel

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I will take the rock.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
:welcome: back. Sorry to hear about the leak, but at least you managed to save some of it before it all ended up on the floor. Hopefully you can get things rebuilt and start fresh :)

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for the coral and rock.