South Boradway Tropical

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Didn't see anything in here for South Broadway Tropical

Well I went to Aquamart yesterday nice and happy ready to buy some stuff and they were closed...

Good thing for internet on the smartphone! Showed Reef and Pond, Neptunes, and SBT as being close by. The first two I had been to and found them to be pricey. Reef and Pond = 16.00 for a handful of Chaeto >.> that's another review though

I was pleasantly surprised at what i had seen at SBT. They had a decent selection of sw fish some stuff i haden't seen at other shops and a huge fw selection. RO water for .25 a gallon which is sweet since I don't own a RO/DI. The hardware was kinda pricey but the livestock is worth coming back for.

I went there once and will never go back. I thought the owner was a jerk and full of crap. He should stick to fresh water.

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
B-Willz;90358 said:
I went there once and will never go back. I thought the owner was a jerk and full of crap. He should stick to fresh water.
+1 not sure if it was the owner for me or not

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I actually bought my first coral for my current setup from SBT. The lady that helped me was really nice. their selection isnt the greatest but at least their prices are reasonable unlike ripoff n pond.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
B-Willz;90358 said:
A woman helped me I didn't talk to the fat guy at the counter. Maybe he was a jerk he didn't say a word but that woman was nice. The guy at Todds was an *** the one time I went there. I asked him where something was and he said something like "fine I'll drop everything I'm doing to help you"

Maybe it's just the chubby guys who aren't happy :p I'm a butter ball but I'm jolly lol

chrislorentz

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am very happy.......hehehehehehe

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;90392 said:
The guy at Todds was an *** the one time I went there. I asked him where something was and he said something like "fine I'll drop everything I'm doing to help you"
I would have said thats ok, and left lol

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Denvercherub;90392 said:
A woman helped me I didn't talk to the fat guy at the counter. Maybe he was a jerk he didn't say a word but that woman was nice. The guy at Todds was an *** the one time I went there. I asked him where something was and he said something like "fine I'll drop everything I'm doing to help you"

Maybe it's just the chubby guys who aren't happy :p I'm a butter ball but I'm jolly lol
common problem with todds ...i was in there today and he never even said a word to me while ringing me up until i asked him a question at the end ...not a hi, find everything ok, will that be all, F$ck you ...nothin
if only elite was closer ...lol

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah i did leave, walked out. Went to Aquamart and they helped me and asked how my day was going. That was all I needed to continue being a customer. I'm also a cheap date and like shiny things :p

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
Iv been there a few time cuz they ha something I wanted and they had a good price. Never have got good service. But now that elite open and is just about the same distance and way better. Aqua mart is the closest and always great so I normally end up there.

rmougey

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Jerry has had SBT sine the early '80s, in 3 separate locations. That doen't include the store he opened in the 90s in Aurora called Just Fish. Thought it was a great name... came from the numerous phone calls "Do you carry [insert favorite furry animal here]? No, just fish."

The store has been through several cycles... and Jerry is quite knowledgeable.... just got tired of dealing with folks.... I drop in every few years to check on him.... catch up... then head elsewhere.