Stocking suggestion - large tank fish only - one or two last fish?

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Doug, have you (or anyone else out there) kept a mated pair of bluejaw triggers? Does this usually cause more aggression with other fish by the triggers?

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

I have a morish idol that is awesome!!!

daverf

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
OK Craig, you got me really interested in this fish!! Actually have been doing research on them, to see if it would work for my tank, now that I don't have a puffer that might nip its trailing fin.

So now I'm giving this fish some thought. But I'm going out of town for almost a month on Weds, wouldn't want my parents (house sitting) to be stuck trying to figure out what to do if it doesn't like the tank, so I wouldn't want to take a risk now. He probably won't be around when I get back in May, but if he is, I'm definitely interested.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have had pairs of Crosshatches and Bluethroats. They are awesome fish. When doing male/female pairs, they both get more colorful than they would otherwise as singles. Not even a snail or shrimp has anything to fear from a X trigger. I have had them in my reef and FO (back in the day) and they were great tankmates.

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

jda123;239174 said:
I have had pairs of Crosshatches and Bluethroats. They are awesome fish. When doing male/female pairs, they both get more colorful than they would otherwise as singles. Not even a snail or shrimp has anything to fear from a X trigger. I have had them in my reef and FO (back in the day) and they were great tankmates.
+ 1 to the blue throat idea and zebra eel :)