T5 Help

I recently added two 48" ati bulbs to my 3 ais sols for supplementation. They were kits that I had to wire myself. They ran great for about two weeks and the other day they just shut off. When I plug the ballast in the first bulb turns on for about a second then goes off, the other bulb does nothing. Does anyone here have experience with these? Can someone point me in a direction as to where I might start? Should I just pull the who;le thing down and try re-wiring everything. Thanks all, Todd.

Actually not sure what kind of ballast it is, not icecap I know that. I figured the ballast is ok because the light comes on for a bit. If the ballast was out there would be no light at all. I think a wire is bad somewhere in the series but I'm not sure where to start looking.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would check all connections, if ok and bulbs are new ,then probably needs a ballast. If you need a ballast lmk I have a couple.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have you tried turning the bulbs a bit? Sometimes the connections get some funk on them and lose conductivity, I had a fixture that would always do that. All I had to do was turn the bulb back and forth a few times to clean the connection posts.