Tank scare

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got a call on Friday from one of my kids that there was a big puddle of water in the basement. Told my boss I had to leave and flew home! Ran downstairs and sure enough, huge puddle right next to my tank. I'm checking around to see where it leaked but there's a corner I can't really see so I assume that's where it is. Turn off pumps so I listen for drips and still don't hear anything. Decide I'll just clean up and deal with it after I get off in a couple hours. Come home after work and another huge puddle but tank water levels are all the same???? I pull out the refractometer and test the water,0 salt..... So apparently I'm flooding because of all the recent rain. Is it weird that I'm relieved it wasn't a leaking tank and "only" flooding basement? So far I've pulled about 100+ gallons out from there and a corner bedroom

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well guess it's good news w a lil bad tied in! Sounds like you might need a sump pump in basement or maybe in a window well. To be honest the tank wound cost more to fix them the sump pump install as long as u do it in the window well.