Thank you, and constructive criticism

quackenbush

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thank you mods for all you do to make this forum go. This is a fabulous resource. And....

To be perfectly frank, there are so many sub-forums and sub-sub-forums that simply browsing the forum is very cumbersome. I use the "New Posts" feature heavily, and beyond that, if I have to venture into the depths, I get lost quickly and easily. If I had one wish for this place, it would be to simplify things.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
quackenbush;369216 said:
To be perfectly frank, there are so many sub-forums and sub-sub-forums that simply browsing the forum is very cumbersome. I use the "New Posts" feature heavily, and beyond that, if I have to venture into the depths, I get lost quickly and easily. If I had one wish for this place, it would be to simplify things.

Not that I have any power on this, but do you have some specific examples of what you would change to simplify it? They wont be able to change things without specifics.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I want thank you all for your endless patience and hanging in there as we work through all the kinks/issues and as we process through the new site upgrade. Hopefully we have solved and corrected some of the issues but I'm sure there are still going to be several more as we continue to tweet and smooth things out. I do encourage you to keep us posted with anything you see in error or troubles with navigating and using the site. I know there are a few links that aren't linking properly and there is not chat box yet but we are slowly working to get these resolved and hoping for a new plugin for a chat box release soon.

Thank you again for your patience, support and understanding. Masc is a tremendous club and group of people and I think we are all lucky to have such good folk with the same love and reef addictions as others.

Respectfully - Chad

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;643776 said:
Anyone else seeing unread posts that stay unread no matter what you do?
I've had that come up a couple times. If you go to the three dots in the upper right and choose "mark as read" they seem to go away.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
yeah I think that is a database issue for some reason that I need to look into. It happens on the web forum as well. I noticed a few of mine that are stuck like that as well.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just did a quick search and it looks like a common problem. Haven't found a bug ID yet from VB to track though to see what the issue is and when it will be fixed.