The DR.'s 215 build!!! Finally... :/

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
What a rat race! The entire center section of my reef came out in 1 HUGE piece. Managed to get it out of the tank and into the new tank! Then I wanted to move it just a bit and..... Well....

All came apart, causing a huge dust storm and I can not see a thing. Hopefully the skimmer keeps going crazy and this settles. For now everything is in buckets till I can see some more.

Further, many of the larger colonies are coming off the rocks. It's really difficult to re- mount them.

Overall, what a ridiculous mess!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Andrew_bram;257471 said:
It's never as easy as we hope. Do you need a hand
Thanks! I think I'll be ok. Going to step back, slow down, get some epoxy and take a shower. Lol

When are you going to Chicago? I'd like you to see it before you leave.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Made the move. Way too cloudy for a pic. House is a mess and I'm tired. Thanks Andrew for the help. Next time we need to keep our shirts on! Lol

Just some fussing around and fragging to get stuff to fit and it'll look good.

I'm never moving an existing reef again!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
BPreefer;257505 said:
Glad you got it all moved. Sounds like a major headache,but I'm sure it looks great.
It will in a few weeks. Hopefully I don't get some strange rtn event or something. Thanks.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Haddonisreef;257524 said:
She clear up for ya?? Also did u put any filter floss to pull any of the crud out before it hits return pump?
Mostly. I did use a sponge in the bubble trap to grab the larger particles. Skimmer is full this morning. On it's way.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I hate it when that happens! Coral tumbles are the worst. Hopefully it clears up soon, and you'll forget all about the aggravation of moving a reef.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
BPreefer;257629 said:
Is the calcium reactor up and going?
Goona try today. Need co2, I do have the reactor running without co2.... Also need to update firmware in my reefkeeper to match the new module.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
BPreefer;257720 said:
Following along on the calcium reactor setup. I'm already at 50ml of alk with hardly any corals in my tank.
I was at like 180 ml a day in the 120 with the 2 part. I think, in the ling run, that the reactor may be more cost effective for larger tanks. Probably more stable as well. Surely a good thing to be dripping in all the time, right? I started with bajamike and Jda's recommendation. 10 bubbles per min for the co2 and 40 drips of effluent dripping in the sump near the skimmer. That's the ratio at least. If the alk is still low I can up it. So if do 15 bubbles I'd up the effluent to 60 drips per min. and so on.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow, 180 ml I guess I have a while. Glad to hear its up and going and looking forward to hearing how stable it can be. I'll still be awhile before I have everything I need.