Thoughts on tank move

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thinking out loud here.....
I am almost to the point where I can setup my office tank (65).
Half of the rock going into it is from my home tank, 30 gallons (all the rock in this tank is very matured and half is staying in the 30 setup/half is going to the office). The other half going into the office tank is dry rock that has been cycling w some bio active additive. My questions/thoughts r related to the 30.
First, moving the rock from my established tank to the 65 leaves me w only a few pieces in my 30, and a 3" sandbed (have tonga branch cycling for the 30 to add to the matte rock already there). The 30 has been up for a year now, has a 6-line and 2 clowns. I have to take all the rock out of the 30 because of hydroids overtaking my tank and will clean these off. My thought was if I have to take it all out I can put it in my sump at work, fish and corals too, then remove the sandbed and drill the tank to add a refugium to it, this is something I've been wanting to do to add chaeto and hide the heater but haven't had the opportunity yet.
This would require at least 2 days of having the 30's rock and livestock in the 65's sump.
My concern is that by moving all my rock, the few corals and fish to a newly setup tank it would crash due to new tank syndrome, hoping the cycle is a short one because I have bacteria additives and will b adding chaeto from an established tank to the 65. Mainly Zoas and a few montis, the three fish and a new clean up crew. I would keep the corals in the 65 and move over to the 30 when done.
Thoughts?