To add or not to add

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Have a 29 gallon long w 2 oc clowns and a 6 line wrasse.
These are on my want to buy list but think I'm hitting the limit on what I can reasonably fit in:
Cardinalfish (wanting to add at least 3)
Purple firefish
Have I hit the limit w this tank or could u add a few more to it?
Thanks!!!

Sent from my typewriter.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I'd say the purple firefish certainly would be okay and the cards might be alright too depending on which type

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Bangaii

Sent from my typewriter.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
yep they should be fine, although your tank about the minimum size for keeping them which may lead to them picking on each other, but they may do fine too. just something to watchout for

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Any of those should be fine, but you may have to "trick" the clowns and/or the 6 line into thinking their territory has been "reset". You can do this by moving the clowns and 6 line into the quarantine tank with the new fish on the last day of quarantine, then move a few things around in the 29 so it looks a little bit different, then add the new fish to the 29, then move the clowns and 6 line back.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life, and you can PROVE it mathematically.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
The banggais can get kinda big, so I think 3 in that size tank might be too much if you don't plan on upgrading in the future. And firefish jump, so you'll want to make sure there's a cover. I've bought dozens of firefish, and they never survived long.

One of my faves for a smallish tank is a neon dottyback. Intense color, lotsa personality, and they're on the smaller side.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;307854 said:
The banggais can get kinda big, so I think 3 in that size tank might be too much if you don't plan on upgrading in the future. And firefish jump, so you'll want to make sure there's a cover. I've bought dozens of firefish, and they never survived long.

One of my faves for a smallish tank is a neon dottyback. Intense color, lotsa personality, and they're on the smaller side.
Just looked it up - that looks awesome! Trying to stay within a color scheme anyways and it fits perfectly! Thanks!

Sent from my typewriter.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was looking up comparability w other fish and wrasses came across as incompatible..was this ur experience?

Sent from my typewriter.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have no info on that one - it was in the nuvo with the clowns, a pipefish, and a lawnmower blenny. I wonder why it's incompatible with wrasses?

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Similar body shape and swimming patterns. RC doesnt recommend keeping both in a small tank.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life, and you can PROVE it mathematically.