To durso or not to durso

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I have been reading up on the over flows and many say they can be hell-a nosey. So I was thinking of doing the durso.

Need some input from you pros. Should I or should I? Or is there a better way?

Durso

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;145752 said:
So I have been reading up on the over flows and many say they can be hell-a nosey. So I was thinking of doing the durso.

Need some input from you pros. Should I or should I? Or is there a better way?
If you cannot keep the overflow out of your business I dont know why you are hanging out with it.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You guys are always correcting my spelling.... You wanna have a math off? LMAO

Solve for the two question marks...

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
that overflow was quiet man. Unless you get something that does more GPH than the rio 2100 you should be fine as is. When I got the tank from brent he had this plastic thing with a hole in it but I never needed it

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Did you keep it?

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I do have the gurgle buster still from that link Kris posted. I made one but never really needed it. You asked me what it was the other day and tossed it lol

Off The Deep End

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;145769 said:
You guys are always correcting my spelling.... You wanna have a math off? LMAO

Solve for the two question marks...

6 :)

oops and 8 too!

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Va=6
Vb=18

Good try...

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
I never really had an issue with the durso, it was plug and play for me.

I'm doing a BeanAnimal right now, if you can find a shop to drill for cheap, I say go for it. I like the redundancy of the fail safes for the bean animal.

That said, I've never had a flood with either.

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;145896 said:
I never really had an issue with the durso, it was plug and play for me.

I'm doing a BeanAnimal right now, if you can find a shop to drill for cheap, I say go for it. I like the redundancy of the fail safes for the bean animal.

That said, I've never had a flood with either.
x2, my overflows are nearly silent with the beananimal setup. On my reef I have a hybrid beananimal, better known as a herbie overflow, the only difference is the herbie doesn't have a dedicated emergency drain. It has full siphon and a second open channel (partial siphon).