Torch coral

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So i bought a purple torch coral last weekend was about 80 % dead. When i got it home the bag smelled really really bad so i fragged the couple semi good heads off hoping they would survive. They r opening up but not fully i dont think my question is ,is there anything i can do to make it better or make sure they survive. I did buy them knowing there was a probability they wouldn't servive.

Haddonisreef

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
When u start seeing the brown jelly on the flesh there pretty much a goner, at this point being in your tank water quality is key!!

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
They have no brown jelly anywhere my water quality is good. When i bought it it didnt have the brown jelly either when i got it home and opened bag it just smelled really bad so i fraged and put in to pee cups. i lost my frogspawn to brownjelly in my old tank. I knew i was taking a chance but i figured id give it a try. It had 3 okay heads and 13 dead head at time of purchase. I will keep water quality good and hope fpr best

tomtom2245

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
At this point those few heads look like they might be ok. I wouldn't disturb them any more by trying to dip them. Just let them be. I've had hammers shrivel away to what looks like nothing left on the skeleton to only have them come back a few weeks later. Best of luck!

Tango

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

After all the worrying i did the three heads i bought r doing great. Dont think i will take a chance like that again