Trading Post locations

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Heya, I humbly submit this suggestion which mirrors the rules on several other forums I frequent.

Would it be reasonable to either require people to have a location listed on their profile (Just by City, cross street, or other rough location) or require for sale threads to include that in the post.

Seems like the 2 most common themes are either stuff listed without a price or people having to ask for location. To be fair though I've seen people ask when the person has it in their profile also though.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Trading Post locations

Great idea but very time consuming and a pain in the *** to control it. We could easily tell everyone to post their location on their profile and If they choose not to, then it must be posted in original sale thread or be deleted. I have no problem removing threads that cannot follow the rules.

Sent from my C771

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: Trading Post locations

Much to time Time consuming to enforce in my own opinion (not the rest of the bods). I would suggest that anyone and everyone including BOD could ask the poster at any time to post his or her location in first post.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Was thinking about it. (The hassle) Then I remembered, that on the other place it's not just for trading post, for the website period you needed a location even if it was rough. (IE "North Denver") Something like that would be a one time hassle about poking people. Only issues if some are concerned about some kind of privacy oh noes the hackers will find me and steal mah corals. Given the other forum is a gun forum I'd think they'd generally be the more paranoid ones.

Fitz19d

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;236619 said:
Not if they have guns :D
Is that along the same lines as when you ask a gun owner what they are scared of, the best answer is, "Not a damn thing?" :) Damn UPS, supposed to get my KSG today, thinking I'll be stuck waiting till tommorow.