** Update ** New Tank setup

mrobinson86

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello I just wanted to post some new photos of the tank. I just purchased this tank a few months ago complete and I would just like to share the beauty of the tank! Got it for a steal I think!
Also if there is anyone else on the western slope or in Grand Junction, PM me and we can chat and maybe trade corals or something. Would be nice to have a few more reefers in the area.

Sorry the pictures aren't in great order, but there is transport photos, initial setup, rearranged, and then as it sits now.
Only losses during the move - Flame Angel & Black Clown (No Corals)
The Montipora was HUGE probably 14" in diameter with several layers, it also broke in the move, but all is well. I took the small pieces I liked have put them in the tanks and the rest went to the LFS on a consignment type setup.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

View attachment 19970 View attachment 19990 View attachment 19977 View attachment 19978 View attachment 19974 View attachment 19975 View attachment 19976 View attachment 19981 View attachment 19982 View attachment 19983 View attachment 19984 View attachment 19985 View attachment 19986 View attachment 19987 View attachment 19988 View attachment 19989 View attachment 19980 View attachment 19979 View attachment 19969 View attachment 19971 View attachment 19972 View attachment 19973

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Very nice setup, looks great. You get that grn elephant ear at the DBTC swap by chance?

mrobinson86

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I didn't. I was unable to attend like I had wanted too. I think my favorite piece in the tank is the frogspawn. When I moved and set this up in May it had 19 heads and now I am up to 23 I think. Everything seems to be happy.
The dual MP40wES work amazing and the vertex skimmer that came with it is AMAZING! I will have to take some photos of everything underneath and post them up as well.

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Really nice. I have wondered if there are any reef hobbyists on the western slope. We live in Denver/north but go to Gunny a lot as my daughter has lived there for years. I have never seen anyone with a salt tank in that town, you certainly would not need a cooler!

mrobinson86

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's a true statement, if anything you would need extra heaters..it gets stupid cold in Gunny...no Envy there.
Im trying to think of a sweet coral that would look nice to put right in the center of the tank. There is kind of an empty spot....any ideas?