Want to Buy SUV

Looking to buy an SUV. I have about $4500. Looking for a nice Grand Cherokee WJ. Or a TrailBlazer/Envoy. Or a Range Rover P38. Would also consider Explorer/Mountaineer/Mariner. Let me know. 303-968-8735 or PM on the forum as well. Thanks!

dr.schlegs;211753 said:
I have a friend looking to sell her 97 4Runner Limited.
Thank you for the respomse, but I'd like to stay away from Toyotas/Hondas. Just not my style, haha.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Why? My 4Runner has just over 250k on it and all I've done is regular maintenance. My brother has a couple Jeeps and is always having to fix something.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdrewferd;211768 said:
Why? My 4Runner has just over 250k on it and all I've done is regular maintenance. My brother has a couple Jeeps and is always having to fix something.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We've had good Jeeps before. And we have a 2002 TrailBlazer LTZ with 235k (broke 235 yesterday), that has had no major repairs, the only thing we've had to replace is the 4 wheel drive switch. I don't really like the styling on Toyotas and Hondas, they're just kind of another SUV or car, kind of bland. Just my personal opinion.

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
blue71;211772 said:
We've had good Jeeps before. And we have a 2002 TrailBlazer LTZ with 235k (broke 235 yesterday), that has had no major repairs, the only thing we've had to replace is the 4 wheel drive switch. I don't really like the styling on Toyotas and Hondas, they're just kind of another SUV or car, kind of bland. Just my personal opinion.
What broke? Engine quite? Or... Haha love to sell my 89 jeep Cherokee but guessing your looking for newer. But interested in what happened to yours and are you fixing or selling or something?

JuanGutz;211785 said:
What broke? Engine quite? Or... Haha love to sell my 89 jeep Cherokee but guessing your looking for newer. But interested in what happened to yours and are you fixing or selling or something?
Nothing broke. Just meant that it broke the 235k mark yesterday. It runs just fine haha. It's just my brothers now.

No worries. I personally love my Toy's. Some guys like Mary Ann, some guys Ginger, and some guys like the Skipper. :fencing:

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
I prefer Mary Ann! :D

I've owned about seven trucks, mostly Toyotas, currently a '98 4Runner Sport. Tried a 90's GMC Yukon once, NEVER AGAIN! What a P.O.S. Never had a Jeep product, but love Wranglers. Good luck with your search, I'll keep my ears open, especially on CraigsList.

Post up a WTB on the ColoradoRacing.com board. Tons of truck guys. I've seen Jeeps on there lots of times in the Classifieds section, at good prices. Including 4wheelin' modded ones, as well as stockers.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Is a P38 the predecessor to the discovery series? I know 2 people now that have owned discovery series II and both have been extremely disappointed in them. I love my wrangler! Any jeep with the 4.0 inline 6 is really easy to work on. Def. find one with a Dana 44 or Chrysler rear end, as the 35 is a dud, even with stock sized tires. I hate to say it, but if your not planning on doing serious offroading, the Libertys are getting low price wise and have a decent ride. Just check the ball joints on the front end, as that was a major issue with the first gens. (02-04) also Chrysler isn't known for building the best auto trannys, so be sure to check that in any model jeep you buy.