1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

Want to improve your ATO

Discussion in 'Neptune Systems' started by zombie, Jan 11, 2016.

1. zombie

zombie Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

2. TheRealChrisBrown

TheRealChrisBrown Sardine M.A.S.C Club Member

My guess is you are going to cringe at my Apex ATO code:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Sw2 OPEN Then OFF
    If Sw2 CLOSED Then ON

I seriously hope that didn't make you blackout....

3. zombie

You always gotta start small and add complexity as you get more familiar with the apex and have tested to ensure the simple code works. I would definitely add some fail safes though. The way your code is now, if the float fails or sticks, you will dump your entire ato reservoir in the tank and could arrive to a tank crash.

4. halmus

halmus Prawn

Thanks for posting Z.

I'm going to bookmark this one to go back over when I finally have water to play with again.

5. bathomassr

bathomassr Copepod M.A.S.C Club Member

Thanks for the link, pretty elegant solutions! Am I reading the "Stuck switch implementation" wrong or should "ATO_Latch" be replaced with "SwStuckCL"?

6. szavoda

szavoda Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Hey Zombie -

I have a gravity fed ATO that I want to close up during the feeding cycle cause it dumps fresh water while the pumps restart until the sump stabilizes. I was looking for a Normally Open solenoid for this. Almost everything NO that I have seen is pretty pricy ($70+). Any ideas?

Shawn

7. zombie

Yeah. I was trying to fix the next section and accidentally made two sections wrong.

8. TheRealChrisBrown

What are these lines telling the Apex to do?

Defer 002:00 Then ON
    Min Time 010:00 Then OFF

9. zombie

Defer 002:00 Then ON = the float must be closed for 2 consecutive minutes before turning on (for debouncing)

Min Time 010:00 Then ON = when the ato turns off stay off for at least 10 minutes even if the other conditions are true (to prevent short cycling)

10. Munch

Munch Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

I'd like to see you're whole program Zombie - good stuff for sure!

11. TheRealChrisBrown

I added that to my code.