Water change pump

What does everyone use as an all around utility pump and why?. For water changes and mixing, ive been using old pumps that I've had laying around (mag-18 and lifeguard 1200gph).
Both pumps are now non-functional and im looking for a good replacement.
Just curious to know if there's something specifically useful for the work horse needs.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I have a mag 5 I think. It's just in a trash can to mix. I got the pump for almost nothing. It's loud but does the trick and heats the water to almost the same temp as the tank. I'd love to plumb it external to stir the water and pump into the tank. Never been much of a priority with family and such. Maybe this summer I'll do up a nice water change station.

High Plains Reefer

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
I have a old power head with a broken mount to mix the water and a mag 12 to do the actual w/c but since i'm going triton i wont be using them very often now

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use a Lifeguard Quiet One PRO 4000 (1022 GPH). But I also mix 55gal at a time and I use the same pump to pump it to the tank.

Previously I used an old 600gph random pump when I was mixing in a 45 gal trash can.

I believe I'm mixing 45 gallons. I use the large brute trash can. My tank is pretty tall too, it stands 5'5" at the top of the trim so head pressure is important to me. Head pressure is the reason I've kept a mag pump around.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a pond pump from Harbor Freight to do my water changes. Pumps from the basement to the main floor to refill, I also have the same pump for my ATO.