web site redesign input

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Hey man, looks pretty good. Like the color scheme. Could use some content up on it to see how it really looks though ;)
A few things I noted though
- The image and the company name (Ambrosio Aquatics - Denver's Exotic Marine Store) somewhat blends into the image behind it making it a bit hard to read. I would darken that region of the image more, or try another image, or maybe even just mirror the current image since the right side is less bright in colors.
- Aquatics, in your logo, has an apostrophe in it?
- Map on the contact page would look better as an embed instead of the big ugly link
- Products bar at the bottom seems redundant and unnessary. Although having content on the page will help see if that is a useful feature or not.

Side note: My wife is currently learning to build php templates for wordpress and she would be willing to help some, for cheap, since she is still learning and needs some sites for her portfolio. Pm me if interested

Last edited by a moderator:

Fourthwind

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 on SynDen

Also I would make the center section under your header wider (more even with your header) so that there is less down screen scrolling. You want all the most important info they can see on opening without scrolling.
For google points you will want better Meta tags for searches. I didn't have time to search through all the code to see if you did a sitemap, but those are VERY valuable when it comes to internet search engines.
I would make the social media icons more prominent. Nix the the little contact icons. The Contact tab is prominent enough.
Remove all direct links to your email and use contact forms. It will only be a matter of months before your email address will be flooded with spam, and that email address will be destroyed. The spammers have web crawlers that look at pages with email addresses to add to their lists.

rjl45

Clown Fish
+1 on all comments so far. Looks good on mobile devices, both in landscape and portrait. Definitely do what you can to keep all important information on the screen without having to scroll down.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks better, although still think part of your name is hard to read, maybe try a small black rectangle behind the letters so they dont blend into the pic behind it?
This http://coloradocoral.com/site/produ...scolyblastohammerbrainfrogspawnsunburst/1873/
what's with that url? very odd
- Love that your putting actual info in about the coral and its care, although assuming this is copied from liveAquaria? need to mix it up a bit so its not so obvious that it was taken from them
- Product description is a large photo? That big photo would be better up in the top position i think and for the description maybe just more details on your experience(s) with caring for this type.
- If you are going to put all that info into each coral, you may want to setup some child templates for various families of corals, so you can easily copy the template add new photos and be done with it.

- View cart and Checkout dont work? I was able to add it to the cart but nothing more then that.