What???? A Nautilus in Denver LFS????

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Just a heads up because it's so cool and rare!!! Keys Island has grape fruit sized Nautilus in the store!!!

Def go check it out as it won't last long there I'm certain!!!!

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
Kind of sad they would even bring a nautilus in.

Most likely will die shortly. Anyone thinking of purchasing it should read up on them and make sure they have a proper dedicated tank for it.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Oh ya for sure! They need a cold water tank mainly. Ki is pretty good I think he will donate to the aquarium if it stays around too long. They def know a lot about it there and can tell you all about it.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
that0neguy1126;n634129 said:
Kind of sad they would even bring a nautilus in.

Most likely will die shortly. Anyone thinking of purchasing it should read up on them and make sure they have a proper dedicated tank for it.

+1

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I think it's only like $150 which means they are rare but not as rare as a gem tang I guess lol :)

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I agree it should never of been collected but remember the LFS doesn't go pulling creatures from the ocean themselves and they don't control what the divers/collectors and wholesalers have and bring in. They just place the orders from availability lists. IMO the creature has a much better chance for extended life in Ki's hands then the wholesalers and most LFS in the country.

Anyway I wasn't presenting this as a debate topic I was just letting people know if they wanted to see something cool that there is something here in our own back yard.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
So usually what happens is these guys come up from the depths to about 200-100ft and get caught by fishing nets. Very few people in the aquarium trade actually harvest these guys on purpose to sell.

Sorry to derail the thread chad, yes it is a cool speciman and something we don't get to see every day. Hopefully people learned something new about this awesome relic from the past with this thread :).