What do you guys think of these LEDs?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would do 2, one on each side of the divider. That way you are sure to have enough light

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShelbyJK500

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
cdrewferd;176141 said:
Yea, the aquastyleonline kit is probably the best bang for your buck out there. Putting it together is easy. You buy it Evan and I'll build it for you.

Drew
You are the man Drew, I'm going to give this some more consideration for sure!! Would probably be too much for my FOWLR, but would definitely allow me some softies for sure in there. I think my ReefBrites are doing fine in there, but it would be WAY brighter/stunning with this kit. ;)

MSwift;176198 said:
You really think I would only need one of those kits?
I totally think so, IMO. The rule of thumb I've always heard is 1w per gallon. So for a 225g, 225watts. That's why honestly I think I probably could've gotten away with just 120watts over my 110g, but added the ReefBrites just for good measure. Looks more stunning with more light. With ONE kit being 360 watts, my opinion would be two kits would be overkill. HOWEVER, if you have the money it would probably be worth it because they are dimmable and you could run them at 50-70% to extend LED life. I think you're on a budget though is why I say this. ;)

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
1 kit may be enough, but 2 is still cheaper than 1 Radion :)

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk