1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

What do you use for Lunar Simulation?

Discussion in 'Lighting and Equipment' started by Sour137, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Sour137

Sour137 Copepod

As the title states, I'm curious as to what people use for simulating lunar activity. I'm considering adding a lunar system but I'm not quite sure what way to go. If there were not any restrictions, I would use the ReefKeeper set up, but that is not an option for me at this time.

2. SynDen

SynDen Shark Staff Member M.A.S.C. B.O.D. M.A.S.C Club Member

Apex makes a decent lunar module for their system, but otherwise I think most people dont bother, or just use 1-2 deep blue leds

3. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

I use AI Hydra HD's with their built in wifi controls through the app. I use the purple lights at 1% which is not as bright as the blues because there is only one purple node per puck. looks nice

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4357\/36888677106_578632fc11_k.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/farm5.staticflickr.com\/4333\/36680491040_df9fceed97_k.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Sour137 likes this.
  4. Balz3352

Balz3352 Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

I have the rapid led moonlight kit on my biocube. Does very nice. I enjoy limited light but still see what's going on in the middle of the night

5. Bdk1786

Bdk1786 Amphipod

My lights run off the Blue Fish mini controller and do a fine job with its built in lunar cycle.

6. ReefCheif

ReefCheif Marlin M.A.S.C Club Member

I dont run a lunar schedule, im a firm believer that the zooanthenelle need a rest to, and even blue light in the faintest amount entices photosynthesis.

7. Cherub

Cherub Shark M.A.S.C Club Member

mine are only on for 2 hours