1. Welcome to the shiny new site! Please have a look around and let us know how its working for you. Please note that all returning members will need to reset your passwords to login again. Click on "forgot password" to reset your password. Thanks
    Dismiss Notice

What I hope to breed in the future....

Discussion in 'Captive Propagation' started by Suzanne Lynn, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Suzanne Lynn

Suzanne Lynn Amphipod

This is a list of fish and invertebrates I would love to successfully breed (*=some I have successfully bred) and what is keeping me from breeding them :) Just for fun.

1) banggaii cardinal*
    These guys are having babies regularly, but my current broodstock is aging

2)Dwarf Seahorses *
    These guys are having babies regularly :)

3) Pacific seahorse
    I'm in need of a kreisel tank to successfully raise the fry

4) Orchid dottyback
    Just haven't had the money to buy these guys yet but the breeding tank is up and ready, They also need a kreisel

5) Mandarin Dragonet
    Cannot, for the life of me, find a male and female that aren't too starved to survive, Fry should also have a kreisel

6) Yellow Watchman goby
    My old female died and the male died shortly after, my current issue is finding a new female

7) Flame Angels
    I need space and money for these guys!

8) Cape Seahorse
    Currently saving up to buy them :)

9) Harlequin Shrimp
    need a kreisel

10) Longspine Sea Urchin
    need to figure out how to tell male from female or have a large tank with moonlights stocked with the suckers. Babies are uncharted Territory as far as I know, so may need a microscope

*SIGH* a girl can dream can't she?

2. sweat044

sweat044 Prawn

That would be amazing to see. I have always wanted to have a breeding pair but never found any.

3. amphispur

amphispur Copepod

4. kmellon

kmellon Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Hey Suzanne,

It looks like a diy kreisel can be made out of a normal tank and a cut up 5 gal water jug. I would love to see how you have set things up so far.

5. Smiley

Smiley Barracuda M.A.S.C Club Member

6. Suzanne Lynn

Suzanne Lynn Amphipod

A breeding pair of what? lol

7. Suzanne Lynn

Suzanne Lynn Amphipod

I STINK at any sort of aquarium DIY and am skeptical of the DIY kresels. I just ordered a cheap jelly kreisel so lets see if this works!!

8. kmellon

kmellon Prawn M.A.S.C Club Member

Best of Luck to you and keep us posted.

9. Suzanne Lynn

Suzanne Lynn Amphipod