What is this milli called

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

It looks sweet I want one haha

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks like a standard rose Mille to me. You will have to have no fish to get the polyps to extend that much - most millepora will, but few do.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;266790 said:
Looks like a standard rose Mille to me. You will have to have no fish to get the polyps to extend that much - most millepora will, but few do.
Mike's 7 millis are as hairy as Chewbacca despite the 20ish fish he has in his tank. He must have accidentally picked the select few millis that have extending polyps.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
...or he picked fish that don't like to take a taste every now and then.

The Rose has clear polyps, which is what I consider those to be, and the yellowish tips. There are about 10 different rose milles, BTW.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;266835 said:

The Rose has clear polyps, which is what I consider those to be, and the yellowish tips. There are about 10 different rose milles, BTW.

ahh true blue light = blue polyps :p

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;266835 said:
Very true, combining fish that think millis are tasty with millis in the same tank could possibly result in unhappy millis that take their polyps and go home.
It's very true that Mike chooses his fish carefully. Ones that nosh on his corals aren't welcome. Otherwise reef safe fish that didn't get the memo are quickly evicted. Sometimes forcefully.
Strangely enough, I'm pretty picky about my fish, too.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have some of this if you want a hunk. I needs to come out of my tank anyway. It is less photoshopped in my tank.

newtoreef

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
jda123;266916 said:
I have some of this if you want a hunk. I needs to come out of my tank anyway. It is less photoshopped in my tank.
That would be awsome! Pm me