What should I put in my 14 gal. biocube?!?!

Hello Im Sam and I got a new 14 gal. biocube, and I was wondering what would be some suggestings for fish. I am thinking abought a species tank, reef, comunity or anything I just need some suggestions please thx! :eek:

Does your biocube have PC lighting or T5? Your lighting is going to make a difference on what type of corals you can keep. I wouldn't do fish only as most of the type of fish that are kept in those will get too big for a 14 gal. I'd most likely go with a mixed reef - Maybe 1 - 3 medium size rocks clumped in the middle - mostly soft corals - a little macro algae perhaps - and a few smaller fish (gobies/firefish, or a single pair of clowns or something). Just what I would do.

projectx

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
How long have you been in the hobby? That will help too, if your new steer you away from some if the more difficult stuff

personally I wouldn't mess with the mantis unless you have at least half inch thick glass. Those things can destroy a tank as easily as a .22 caliber rifle. Octopus is going to be incredibly difficult. If you are just getting into the hobby, I would aim you away from such elaborate live stock. They are poisonous and need special treatment in multiple ways. As for lion fish, you'd be keeping them in a very small enclosure for that type of fish. They deserve better - bigger by far. Keep it simple. You only have 14 gallons to work with. It'll be prettier and work better if you don't try to go so extreme. IMHO.