What the..

I got this guy free on a piece of rock. It's soft and pink and seems sort of puffy. It has not moved from its perch since I stuck its little shard of rock into a dead coral to hold it steady in the current earlier in the week. I thought maybe it was an anemone since it came from a tank with RBTA's that had split, but it's still a lump after a few days. Is it possibly a RBTA? To give you some perspective, it is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch in length. It appears to be tucked in tighter sometimes than others. It's kind of loosely tucked like a comma when the lights first come on, like kind of drooping/hanging from its foot and then it's sort of puffed the rest of the day into a ball like the pic.

The longer I stare at it, the more it appears to be just on the verge of opening up, doing SOMETHING, and then I realize that's 10 minutes of my life I will never get back. Please tell me what the heck this lump of pink something is? I can't take the suspense anymore, lol.

Also, if you've got a minute, let me know if you think the last pic is ocellaris or true percs. I have gone back and forth on it and don't know anymore. One is a rich candy orange and the other is sort of a paler orange with tinges of black creeping in like he is fading to black? Meh, let me know what you think...

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
To me it looks like part off of a bta but I could be wrong if it was my tank I would let it stay until it got bigger

Thanks! He's definitely not going anywhere - I'm too excited to see the results, lol

DVenson, you are correct. It has been opening up the last week or so - much more than this pic, but didn't grab my camera tonight in time before the lights went out:

It's an RBTA. When another Broomfield recently broke down his tank, I took home 1 RBTA and the little pink glob I posted about here. The RBTA split about a week and a half ago, and I am hoping one of them will walk down the rock they are both hoarding so I can find it a new home. Now I have 3 including the baby glob, and the tank is getting crowded, lol. Getting increasingly difficult to keep everybody far enough away from my other corals.