Who builds custom stands and canopies?

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

I dropped a PM to craiger and ambrosia, but was wondering if anyone else had a suggestion.

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Check with Cabby, went to a meeting at his house years ago and he did some spectacular work. Not sure if he does it anymore or not.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I know Craiger on here does as well... might be a few others... check the help wanted section...

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Who builds custom stands and canopies?

If you're interested in steel...check with Brian (09Bumblebee) too.

BPreefer

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

WatercolorsGuy;232798 said:
If you're interested in steel...check with Brian (Bumblebee09) too.
+1 you can come by and check mine out.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Brent/bee - Due to wife's input, I need to find a furniture quality stand/canopy, and also have a limited budget for everything (including lights). While Bee's stands are more budget friendly then the wood ones from the other members, my wife wants it to look fancier.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

Next to my shop is a cabinet/ carpentry shop and he is building me a stand for $350 ill post up pics when it's done if your interested ill pm you his info.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks Travis - That would be great. Any idea on when it will be done? Or does he have other pics available? While some of the members here do great work, the $350 price is closer to my budget.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

I believe this is the first stand he is building but we went over the blue prints he is building exactly how I want it where the doors will be removable for access to the sump and removal of the sump if needed.
Name of the company is Boulder Mills
Furniture,cabinets and millwork
303-859-1786
www.bouldermills.com
Sasha Ayad

My guess is it should be done in about a week or so but I will be stopping in and get photos as he builds it to add to my build thread.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

Cabby;233146 said:
I know Sasha. He does nice work. Had him build a bunch of base/wall boxes for us. Very responsive and uses quality material
He's a really nice guy and is building my stand out of this stuff called Medex which is waterproof!

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

I already traded it lol!

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

It came out very nice they put on slow close hinges so the doors would not slam and scare the fishies! It was well built at a decent price has about a 1/16 of an inch of stainable skin or you could paint it I was planning on an ebony stain till I traded it.