Who has used the tunze 6055

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't have enough flow in my 30 nuvo using the koralia nano's on a wavemaker. So I cant decide between mp10 and the tunze 6055 on their controller. I hear the tunze never break down and last forever but the mp's you have to get the dry side rebuolt every so often. I dont need mp feedback I want to hear from the people using the tunze pumps.

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use tunze. Had a 6055 in my 120 to help accomodate a low flow spot and it did fine. They are quiet and they seem to last forever. I do however prefer the newer tunze with the wide flow. Ie 6095 with a 7091 controller. They move a ton of water. Not sure if 6055 have the wide flow option, would be worth checking out. If they do I would recommend it.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Would I need the wide flow in a small 30 gallon though?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The 6055 does not come in wide flow. Do you use the 7091 controller? How low can you turn them down? I guess im worried about a sand storm with these pumps.

280g-reefman

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
You do not need a 7091 controller, it is only needed if you want to control mulitple pumps. Look at a smaller size if you are worried acout to much flow. 6025 or 6015.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
The 6055 is controllable, meaning you don't have to ramp them up to 100%. I have two 6095's in my 72 gal, and they're perfect. I use my Apex to control the pumps so don't have experience with the 7091. If you're just looking for flow, and not all the variable speed controlable functions, you can go the Korilla route. Heck of a lot cheeper.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have the koralia nano already and it's not enough flow. I want one of the controllable pumps similar to an mp10. Ok here's the deal it's either an mp10 or tunze controllable. I just don't want to send the mp in every year to get the dry side rebuilt. My 30 is in the living room and don't want to listen to the whine when the mp gets worn

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
280g-reefman said:
You do not need a 7091 controller, it is only needed if you want to control mulitple pumps. Look at a smaller size if you are worried acout to much flow. 6025 or 6015.
How do you turn down the flow than without a controller?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Awwww I see. But you need a controller for wave maker correct?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well I got a 6055 and am looking for a controller like the reef angel etc to control it instead of the tunze controller.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The automation as well. Feed mode, ph probe and temp probe, control heater etc. I think I'm going with the reef keeper lite.

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does the RKE lite have a controller for tunze or are you looking to just turn it on or off? If controlling, remember with tunze's you can go 0-100, and 30-100 but not 1-29%. All the other numbers can be used. I love how quiet the tunze's are. Good choice, although the mp10 or 40 are good too.