Why does she hate me?

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
So we have a black ocellaris clown from elite that just recently began hosting a forest of xenia, around the same time she also became a huge PITA. She bites my hand every time I try to do anything in the tank, even on the far side from the xenia. It's gotten kind of annoying and it's really unnerving, having this tiny thing coming after me like a doberman or something.

Is there anything I can do to get her to back off?

Mini speargun with toothpick ammunition?

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've considered it. I feel bad smacking her around when she comes at me but she's getting ridiculous.

"Come at me bro, come at me"

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've considered it. I feel bad smacking her around when she comes at me but she's getting ridiculous.

"Come at me bro, come at me"

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a tomato clown that would draw blood........she is ni longer with me. Lol last straw was when I saw her carrying my red hornets around

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've seen clowns attack owners before lol Just the nature of the beast, it will likely always attack you.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mine is a jerk I was holding a nem down to get it to foot and my clown sneak attacked me and scared me and the nem slipped out of my hand into the abyss of my rock work I was so p!ssed I wanted to eat fish sticks that night but the nem finally worked it was back up and now the clown host that nem.

JNG

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a female perc that would only bite me between the fingers. One day she got me real good, I had such a knee jerk reaction. I pulled my arm up so fast that I blew through two of my vho's and knocked the lid half way off of my old 75g.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
They so this once they established her territory and/or guarding eggs. I got my 20 year old tomato stop biting me when I started to feed her out of my hand.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
black and whites are mean mother....s
They always seem to go after you when you reach toward their home.
Try feeding it mysis by hand. Hopefully it'll get used to you after a while.

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Zooid;156166 said:
black and whites are mean mother....s
They always seem to go after you when you reach toward their home.
Try feeding it mysis by hand. Hopefully it'll get used to you after a while.
+1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh, and in the spirit of full disclosure....those might be fish that I raised.
I always seem to raise mean little brats ;)

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gale, I'm actually pretty sure it is one of yours. I'll give it a shot though Hannah, it might just be crazy enough to work.

Mine have hated me for the better part of 8 years. Anywhere near their half of the tank and they try to take a chunk out of my hand. If I need to be in their "territory" I wear gloves. Otherwise I just put some food on the opposite side of the tank and they will leave me alone for a bit.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mine have hated me for a while as well!! AND I've got a MATED (just happened lol) pair of perc's AND a pair of Maroons in the same tank. Mean bastards!!

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have actually been wearing gloves for the last few times I've been in the tank just to avoid her. It actually seems to work really well, except when she goes for my forearms because I'm not responding to her assault on my hands.

HoosierDaddy

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
LOl this is too funny. I had a clown do the same thing to me and draw blood between my fingers. I called him Shark Bite...cause it bit hard as hell. I always tried flicking it to keep it off me. Well, I couldn't take it anymore, so in the sump he went and he disappeared into the prop of my pump. Good riddence!!! I couldn't even give him away cause I would of felt bad if someone else had to deal with that :D.

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
i should have gotten some pics of the bit marks from my clown it would just bit and try to swim away with my arm. i would take her to the surface with my arm befor she would let go. So i got a BTA thinking she would feel safe in there and hide from me...NO WAY! that made it worse god i hated that fish