Why does she hate me?

My clowns have always done the same. I used to pull back in nervous anticipation when I got bit until one day I just decided to put my hand in the tank and intentionally let the clowns bite me. I did this for about 5 minutes and honestly I just kind of got used to it. It never seemed to bother me much after.
The only time I don't like it now is when I have to put my whole arm in the tank. My clowns HATE my elbow. Like it's a big eye ball or something. Biting the elbow just causes my arm to twitch no matter what.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
finally happened. Reach in to pick up a knocked over plug and my clownfish bit me... The new nem has them all wild. Probably because I moved it. Jerk fish

That saying "dont bite the hand that feeds you" applies. Mine started the attack any time I had a hand in the tank, until when trying to feed my nem a bit of shrimp. The female took the shrimp and brought it to the nem.
Were friends now.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Haha that's funny. My female thinks we're together of something she comes right to my hand and cuddles it, it's funny but annoying sometimes. I try to put something in the tank and she's all over me I can cup my hand and she sits in my hand like its her bed.

My cleaner wrasse on the other hand is the one that doesn't like me. Always picking on my hand and arm like theres parasites on me or something.

bsharpe

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Zooid;156166 said:
black and whites are mean mother....s
They always seem to go after you when you reach toward their home.
Try feeding it mysis by hand. Hopefully it'll get used to you after a while.
Yes the male I bought from you is quite disrespectfull, lol