Will it eat my corals???? What is it??

SyntheticOcean;160117 said:
Yes...cone snail. ;-)
I'm calling this a Huge LIE!

Cone snails are not for trade in the salt water market due to their deadly nature.

Let's see a dated pic, like with you and the snail.

Also, if you really have a cone, and if it tags you, you are DEAD! in minutes.
there is no anti venom for Cone Snails in Boulder or Colorado, this is a known man killer.
you wouldn't even have enough time to get in your car or call 911,
well maybe call them, but you will be dead when they get to your home.

Let's see some proof.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Octopus Sun;160131 said:

Cone snails are not for trade in the salt water market due to their deadly nature.

there is no anti venom for Cone Snails in Boulder or Colorado, this is a known man killer.

Let's see some proof.
WOW! Little to much coffee this morning I would think a simple request for a picture would have been fine.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ever hear of a hitch hiker?

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
a pic would be cool.....and yea if they are that cool id keep my hand away from it.. but it would be a cool fuge animal. i mean how many people can say they have a snail that would put down a horse??

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was on reef2reef and they have a section dedicated to hitchhikers and some people get some incredible stuff someone even got a octopus lol!

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Octopus Sun;160131 said:

Let's see some proof.
There was a d-bag selling one on CL a few months ago. Hopefully the member didn't buy it, if he did I hope he realizes the danger he puts himself in by having that in his tank.

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Octopus Sun;160131 said:

Let's see some proof.
Isn't there a picture on the first page..........

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think we are over reacting I mean I think that is way cool id take it if I didn't have a little one. But I mean lots of people keep blue ringed octopus or how about zoas second most deadly poison and we all play with those. Or lion fish?? The hobby has its percs and who are we to critic him for keeeping a very slow moving deadly water creature?? Just my opinion

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
tlsrcs;160286 said:
I think we are over reacting I mean I think that is way cool id take it if I didn't have a little one. But I mean lots of people keep blue ringed octopus or how about zoas second most deadly poison and we all play with those. Or lion fish?? The hobby has its percs and who are we to critic him for keeeping a very slow moving deadly water creature?? Just my opinion
Very well said Tyson.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
+1 get over it lol ppl have captive snakes that antivenom dosent even exist for. If he gets bit and dies i guess you guys can attend his funeral and bury him with a "i told you so"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dbarnes;160291 said:
+1 get over it lol ppl have captive snakes that antivenom dosent even exist for. If he gets bit and dies i guess you guys can attend his funeral and bury him with a "i told you so"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
You should see some of these crazy snakes that have at reptile shows around the world!!!

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea I bet you see some cool ones. I love snakes used to have 2 pythons but no reptiles aloud with the little one I was told.

Ok, so the cone snail is real. It took out a small 1" damsel, before it realized the fish was too big.
AND NO I didn't buy the D.B's snail on CL. I saw that too (IDIOT CLer). Mine is a 'hitch hiker', not going to say how or where, but I also have many other cool hitch hikers. And, yes Zoa's are just as poisonous to humans, watch out next time you frag your colony, it may spit in your eye.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
sweet

I am breaking down the fuge... If you want him, its yours.... must promise to take care of him. And handle him from the non-business end, ie... the rear of the snail, and dont go tapping on his door either. LOL

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SyntheticOcean;160330 said:
I am breaking down the fuge... If you want him, its yours.... must promise to take care of him. And handle him from the non-business end, ie... the rear of the snail, and dont go tapping on his door either. LOL
Man thats cool but no thanks to risky for me. Good luck with him and be careful!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Octopus Sun;160131 said:

Let's see some proof.
Apology after posted pics?

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Should I......hhm I cant take it now cause my sump is a home a few fish. If you still have it when I set up my seperated fuge ill take it.