Worth the wait

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Today is good day came home to find the AI nano I won at Reef Stock sitting on the doorstep. This thing is cool. I can't wait to get it over the 28. Unfortunately JBJ no longer makes the glass top for this tank and I have no way of hanging it yet. So still gonna be a few weeks until it's up.

Anyone know of a good glass cutter in the Westminster Broomfield area that can cut glass off a template and can do the rounded cut for the bow in the front of the tank?

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
kalgra;111760 said:
Today is good day came home to find the AI nano I won at Reef Stock sitting on the doorstep. This thing is cool. I can't wait to get it over the 28. Unfortunately JBJ no longer makes the glass top for this tank and I have no way of hanging it yet. So still gonna be a few weeks until it's up.

Anyone know of a good glass cutter in the Westminster Broomfield area that can cut glass off a template and can do the rounded cut for the bow in the front of the tank?
dont think you really want to cover the tank in glass do you? ..doesn't allow for gas exchange .....you can make a cover out of netting and screen frames or go topless like me and avoid jumpers

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yeah...I hate glass tops too. I notice that algea grows alot faster with glass on. And its a pain to keep it clean to get the best light penetration. You could even get some light eggcrate and cut it to fit. Probably cost $5.

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
dv3;111762 said:
dont think you really want to cover the tank in glass do you? ..doesn't allow for gas exchange .....you can make a cover out of netting and screen frames or go topless like me and avoid jumpers
I would cover it with something like the netting. Any fish can be a jumper, for example, just today my spotted manderin went carpet surfing. They are not known to be jumpers, but he found a small opening in my glass top and I found him on the floor when I got home.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
lpsouth1978;111767 said:
I would cover it with something like the netting. Any fish can be a jumper, for example, just today my spotted manderin went carpet surfing. They are not known to be jumpers, but he found a small opening in my glass top and I found him on the floor when I got home.
true any fish can be jumpers no matter how how unlikely ..if there is a small chance it will happen to someone somewhere ...just not the most of us
i would to see a big ole fat lazy mandarin trying to wiggle his way over the edge of a tank ...that would definatly be an lol....hope yours made it though

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It must be covered we have cats that have jumped on top a couple times with nothing there I would no doubt end up with cat fish. I will do it in such a way that there is about 1/4" of venting allowed all the way around the outside basically with just using some adhesive rubber stand offs on the rim which is about 5/8" widel. TrippleT has his this done this way and it not only looks really nice it does not get allot of condensation and probably helps to defuse the light a little bit. I see no reason why it would contribute to any extra algae growth. The LEDs on the jbj are sealed under a large glass plate which not only gets some condensation but also defuses the light in much the same way. i have had no algae issues thus far. I personally think it helps to reduce some of the spotlight effect common with LEDs.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
that would be one stupid cat to jump in a big bowl of water ...lol

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep we have to keep the lids down on the toilets too because he has tried jumping up on the toilet and gone strait in.

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
dv3;111771 said:
true any fish can be jumpers no matter how how unlikely ..if there is a small chance it will happen to someone somewhere ...just not the most of us
i would to see a big ole fat lazy mandarin trying to wiggle his way over the edge of a tank ...that would definatly be an lol....hope yours made it though
Unfortunately it happened while I was at work. He looked like he had been out of the tank for a couple of hours by the time I got home.