Would a fish survive 3 hour drive?

Craigar

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Would a fish survive 3 hour drive?

With an air stone heater and a full bucket of water you could probably do 12-24 hours easily with no concers depependong on amount of fish in it

Last edited by a moderator:

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I took fish across the country on a 4 day trip with a 5 gallon bucket and an airstone if you keep them warm you will be fine.

asn-naso

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I kept a fish alive in a 5 gal of bucket, with some crabs and snails, and even a cleaner shrimp for 6 weeks. The bucket only had 3 gals of water in it too, and I thought he died after about 2 weeks, and slowed down the feedings to 2x a week or so (for the cleaning crew), and I was surprised to find him alive when my tank was rebuilt.

JodiMae

Cleaner Shrimp
I have a battery operated aerator if you want to borrow it.. or I will sell it to you for 10 bucks. I just bought it, and it works AWESOME! It runs off a C battery

Shinchan

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I brought 2 clowns and a yasha haze from Virginia in a 5-gallon roughneck. It was a 3-day trip. I just had a powerhead and a heater (so I could run the a/c and not have to sit in a 78-degree cab for 3 days) plugged into a power inverter. It was late June so they were okay in the cab of the u-haul overnight without the heater going while I stayed in a hotel.

If the weather was colder I would have brought the tub in with me each night and just plugged everything into a wall outlet...

I just move 10 fish from co sp and they all survived but now since I took the sand out and put it back with out cleaning it the tank it's doing so bad that I can't put any fish in there and don't know what to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
sand cloud isnt bad, that's to be expected and if the sand was live you wouldnt want to wash it anyway, that would be bad and would start a full complete recycle

Moved the sand bed in a bucket and all the water in a container and I put it all back in the tank and all the water and took a sample to gw they told me it's really bad and that I need to throw all the water away and clean the sand

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
If it were me, this is what I'd do: Take out all of the water and sand. Get all new sand. Put the new sand in, and add new water.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's faster than cleaning the sand to start over with it. The fish should be fine for a few days if you keep them warm and put in a bubbler so the water is oxygenated and circulating.

So I just bought 160 lbs of live sand and just took all the rock and the other sand and clean the whole tank. Should I fill the tank up with water then add the salt then the live sand?

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Can you pre mix the water and salt in another container? If not I would mix the salt and water first in the tank and then slowly add the sand. Just my opinion.

V
GWA

I only have buckets and if I do it in the buckets ima be here for a while wouldn't it be faster if I do it in the tank? Then add the sand so I would put like 5 koralias in the tank for a while so it would mix all the salt and water then add the sand after a while of mixing?

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That would be fine as well. Just turn off the koralias after the salt is stirred. Add the sand slowly.

V

Thanks Vince for always helping out ones I have it going 100% I'm going to pick up the naso u have in the frag tank

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
It is sold if you are talking about the new frag system. Sorry.....:(