Wow how things have changed

KStark

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hello,

20 years ago I had a saltwater tank and felt I was knowledgable and successful because I could keep fish alive in a tank. After being out of the hobby for this long the wife and I got the bug to have another tank after seeing so many pictures of the success people were having with reef tanks. So we bought a 75 gal tank off craigslist and started researching. Thought we got a great deal because it had a light, skimmer, pumps, etc. Then we started to do some indepth research. New protein skimmer, powerheads, put together a sump, considering L.E.D.'s, got a great deal on some Live rock (from a very informative member of MASC), sand, and lots of testing. Been at it for over a month and the numbers are looking good and think I am close to putting something in to look at besides feather dusters and a peanut worm that came with the rock. Hope to attend the meeting this month because this appears to be a great group that enjoys sharing thei knowledge and helping us newbies.

This could get really adicting.

Kevin

Welcome back! Let's see some peanut worm pics! I think i have one of those too. That or it got ate by my Dune bristleworm

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If it makes you feel any better, most of the stuff that worked 10-15 years ago will still work today. In some cases, the older stuff is just as good as the new... no matter what the manufacturers tell you. ...and, in the end, the reefer matters more than the method or equipment.

I am at 66 and County Line by Ute Creek if you ever need anything.

KStark

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks All!!! Moved here from California 5 years ago and tell anyone who asks that I tore the rearview mirror off the car when I left. The only thing we miss is the ocean and this is a way to bring a piece of it back.

AllysonP

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
KStark;276667 said:
Hello,

20 years ago I had a saltwater tank and felt I was knowledgable and successful because I could keep fish alive in a tank. After being out of the hobby for this long the wife and I got the bug to have another tank after seeing so many pictures of the success people were having with reef tanks. So we bought a 75 gal tank off craigslist and started researching. Thought we got a great deal because it had a light, skimmer, pumps, etc. Then we started to do some indepth research. New protein skimmer, powerheads, put together a sump, considering L.E.D.'s, got a great deal on some Live rock (from a very informative member of MASC), sand, and lots of testing. Been at it for over a month and the numbers are looking good and think I am close to putting something in to look at besides feather dusters and a peanut worm that came with the rock. Hope to attend the meeting this month because this appears to be a great group that enjoys sharing thei knowledge and helping us newbies.

This could get really adicting.

Kevin

Please do come to the meeting this month, it is at my house and we would love to meet you and answer any questions. We also have great starter corals with a great price. Welcome to the club and if you ever need help or have questions feel free to reach out to us or any of the masc members. We are just one big happy family!!!