WP40

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Been following the group buy thread a bit. It seems like it has variable settings to create a wave but not power level. I saw a few folks that seem to have figure out how to adjust the power. Not sure how difficult this actually is...Interested in seeing how it works with the power level mods. As far as that mod goes, assuming it isn't too difficult, anyone out there interested in modifying these for a fee? So assuming they work well as I follow along and I decide to buy one would someone mod it for me? Or is the mod so simple that I could figure it out on my own?

jagermeister

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
There's a huge thread over on RC about these pumps and the different ways they've been modded. Detailed instructions on how to mod to incorporate the pump into a controller (Reef Angel, Apex, etc.). It looks like one of the easiest ways to adjust the power is to replace the ac/dc transformer with a variable output one. The pump runs at full power with 24v. People simply switch the ac/dc to 20v or 18v or whatever and the pump runs slower. Check out the thread, lots of good info.