Wtb interceptor meds....

Rumen

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does anyone locally have any to sell I just need one pill. I'd tried calling a dozen vets and telling them my situation on aefw.. They told me the pet have to be seen by the vet for them to be able to give me a prescription... So I told them that I would bring my coral in to show them that it has worms but they started to giggle and said sorry no... That really got me Mad... I also told them my live stock will die if not treated but they don't seem to care... pls let me know if anyone has any thanks

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I don't think your going to have luck getting a veterinarian to risk his FDA license to sell you a prescription Parasiticide medication for its non-intended use. Your asking him/her to risk his lively-hood (his license to dispense medication). My father is a veterinarian and I know he wouldn't risk doing something like this. You should probably consult a vet who handles exotics pets.

Last edited by a moderator:

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
They won't have it anyway. Wasn't it discontinued?

I could get some by going in and talking to them, explaining what I wanted it for and it was usually OK.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
jda123;284126 said:
They won't have it anyway. Wasn't it discontinued?

I could get some by going in and talking to them, explaining what I wanted it for and it was usually OK.
I actually think it may be back on the market. I brought an article to my vet a few years ago. He is an exotic vet. He reluctantly sold me a couple pills after a short discussion. I did pay for an appointment to talk to him. He was happy to help. Also trimmed my dogs nails at the same time. Lol my point is that it was not a random vet but someone who cares for all my pets (dog and 4 parrots) he considered my tank his patient.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Interceptor Spectrum is the new product. And I think you have to find the right vet.Also I am heading to some vets today so i will let you know if i can get some.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rumen

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thank you every one for your help I will go ahead and order it online. ...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does it really work on AEFW, or did you mean red bugs? I hope that you meant AEFW. Keep us posted on how it works.

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I am working with a Vet in Fort Collins that might be able to start offering milbemycin oxime as a prescribe-able solution for red bugs.