WTB powerheads for 65

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I am looking to get some powerheads for the 65. I would prefer they be low cost, but I also want something that will last and I know that isn't going to come cheap. I am in no hurry, but would like to get rid of the laminar flow I have right now. Let me know what you have.

TheRealChrisBrown

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Anyone have an opinion on the Icecap Gyre pump?
I have one of the Maxspect Gyre's and I really like it. It's been super dependable for me, although I feel it is a little louder than I'd like. I have one of the first generation ones, supposedly the 2nd gen has larger dampeners. Also the reverse flow is fairly useless, I wouldn't take the alternating flow (forward and reverse) into consideration as a useful feature. If you wanted to alternate flow, you might need 2 gyre's...

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Thanks Chris. I am looking at BRS since I have accumulated some reward points and thought that was a good option for flow that is cheaper than the Maxspect.

Smiley

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ive only heard bad stuff on the icecaps... loud too from what everyone says.... i was thinking about a set of the aquamedics for my 65 frag...