WTB Protein skimmer

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hi every one. The used protein skimmer I bought for my 90 gal sps reef (plus 30 gal refugium) broke. I am in need of a new one. It can be in sump, or hang on. I would like a pump included so I don't have to hunt one down. I would like to spend under $100 for one since that's all I got. If any one can point out a new one for around that much on the web I could buy, that would be great to (sorry no payment for suggestions:rolleyes:). I was thinking about an Eshopps in sump skimmer rated to 150 gal on aqua cave for $144, but I would like to try and save cash since I will have to buy clean up crew in the next few days. I just need a new protein skimmer around that price range or less.

Thanks, mike.

adoucette

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have an ASM G1 that I used and it worked great. It has the pump and everything else you would need. I would sell it for $100 or whatever is fair. I paid $250 and used it for a year before I moved into a 180g tank. It is rated up to 100g.

SAZAMA

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
mike the gaskets on asm's always need replacement, keep that in mind brother. what no summer job? how do you afford to take out the ladies? my first gig was the rollerskating ring, and it was awesome. skate around yelling at little kids, all the mountain dew I could drink, I loved that job.HHHMMMM career change?

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't like mountain dew...

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
no. I have low blood pressure and get dehydrated easily. The high caffeine in it makes me dizzy. I'll think about the aqua C. Need to do a little research on it first.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
are you going to elite reef fest?

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mckibbonator;103353 said:
are you going to elite reef fest?
Wasn't planning on it, but I could drop by on my way to Nebraska. Otherwise, I'm up in Broomfield often, so I can drop it off without much trouble. I am also going to Fort Collins this weekend for a Birthday Party, so could swing by on the way there, or on the way back.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
This week end would be fine. On saturday I'm doing an open water dive in the aurora reservoir. So we can meet there since I think that's about half way between us. Some one will be home any way, so you an also come by the house. Other wise I'm open every day this week except of friday, every day next week except wednesday and friday. Let me know what day works best, then I'll pm you me address and phone number.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
othercents;103365 said:
Wasn't planning on it, but I could drop by on my way to Nebraska. Otherwise, I'm up in Broomfield often, so I can drop it off without much trouble. I am also going to Fort Collins this weekend for a Birthday Party, so could swing by on the way there, or on the way back.
I don't want to be rood, but Alex just offered me a aqua c ev-180. I think that will be better for my tank since it's sps. If it doesn't work out your the runner up. Again, I'm soooo sorry, I just want to have what's best for my tank.

othercents

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mckibbonator;103375 said:
I don't want to be rood, but Alex just offered me a aqua c ev-180. I think that will be better for my tank since it's sps. If it doesn't work out your the runner up. Again, I'm soooo sorry, I just want to have what's best for my tank.
Alex strikes again.... :D I understand... I probably would have made the same choice given the same situation.

Alexforchange

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
sorry, i didnt read the whole thread out of laziness, thus didnt realize he found one. ryan and i just got this skimmer for our tank but we dont have sump yet and move in next month. def didnt mean to swipe ya man

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
sorry. It seems Like every one who has sps gets a skimmer slightly bigger than what they need. I also plan to add a 30 gallon sps tank on later, so I would have 150 gallons total. The 180 should do the job a little better. Alex, just let me know when you want me to come get it.