WTB Rosetta Stone, Latin America version

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey all. Totally off topic, but if you have a Rosetta Stone set (Latin American Spanish version) laying around, please lemme know. I need to refresh my skills, and Mike needs to learn more than just how to order a Pina Colada.

Thanks!

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Don't do it! :p

Seriously, there are free programs that are probably as good if not better. That rosetta stone program is usually over $300 new and basically teaches you vocabulary with bare-bones conversation. IMHO, you will learn more in your first month in Mexico than you will from going through all 5 lessons on that disc.

Hopefully someone has the set laying around and can hook you up, but I'd look into some freebies to brush up before you drop coin on their product. Does Mike speak Spanish at all? I think he needs to pick a night and just talk to you only in Spanish once a week. :p I'm pretty much fluent (read: fluent but rusty) after living abroad and translating for patients at my last job...we can always force immersion on you next time we hang out ;)

Check out: https://www.duolingo.com

Last edited by a moderator:

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Awesome info, Khalis! I have several years of Spanish courses in my distant past, but am very, very rusty. Never used Rosetta stone, and just assumed that the popularity meant it was worth a ship. Had no clue that there were free programs that'll help get him situated. Thank you for savin' me $300+!!
I love the idea of us speaking only Spanish one night a week, but I'm pretty sure that'd only work if he had to talk to WoW in Spanish. LOL. I definitely like the idea of hangin' out with you and speaking only Spanish, too. Hopefully he'll check out that link once he's done shaking his head at me for this post. :rofl:

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
WTB Rosetta Stone, Latin America version

Spanish was my first language. We can make it a south of the border night! I had a buddy who would ask me how to say a word and he would string it with other words he learned. He sounded like a Mexican Tarzan but he got the point across

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
aztecdreams;298492 said:
He sounded like a Mexican Tarzan but he got the point across
I think this metaphor has made me laugh once a day since reading it, haha.

Thanks Ric :)

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
He's using it! Every so often, I get questions like "SO... why is milk feminine??" And he laughs when I answer using body language.

fishguy69

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You will learn spanish soon enough. Just hang out at mexican restaurants more! Ask for more tequila. LOL

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
In High School I used to watch the Spanish channel for hours after school. It helped a lot...

I suppose there was some eye candy on their programming that ushered in that level of commitment :p

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
BWAAAAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, problem there is that if he's watching all that jiggly eye candy, it means I have to, also. No thanks.